The Department of Informatics (http://www.uib.no/en/ii) has up to two vacancies for permanent positions as professor/associate professor in machine learning. If the top applicants do not qualify as full professor, they may be evaluated for an associate professor position. The department will build a strong research group in machine learning. This announcement is a key step towards this goal. Our current research groups, in particular, the groups in bioinformatics and visualization, envision multiple opportunities for collaboration.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must have a doctoral degree in the relevant field.
- The applicant must have postdoctoral experience.
- The applicant need to document strong theory expertise and contributions to practical applications within informatics.
- The successful candidate is expected to play an active role in interdisciplinary collaborative research, training, and education, and contribute to broader research initiatives.
- Research leadership experience as well as experience in coordinating research activities are expected. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment.
Key criteria for evaluating candidates will be scientific qualifications, the ability to attract external funding, project management, and interest and experience in teaching and supervising students. We are seeking candidates qualifying for a full professorship and candidates qualifying for an associate professor position. We will offer well-qualified candidates with an excellent research plan a start-up package including one or several recruitment positions (PhD students, postdoctoral candidates). In the case when several highly qualified candidates are identified, up to two candidates may be offered a position, subject to the budget situation.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary will be in the range of 74–84 (code 1013) in the state salary scale.
- Starting salary for associate professors is 67 (code 1011/pay framework 24.8). Automatic salary increases will occur at fixed intervals within the pay framework (in the range of 67–72).
- A higher salary may be considered for a particularly well qualified applicant.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
Your application must include:
- A letter of motivation
- At least 2 referees that may be contacted
- A brief research plan for a first five-year period
- Complete list of publications
- Documentation of your pedagogical qualifications
- List of academic work that the applicant believes should be taken into consideration in the assessment, including information about where this work was published (max. 10).
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at JobbNorge.
Closing date for applications: 1 April 2017